Christian Bettstetter is professor and head of the Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems at the University of Klagenfurt, Austria, and founding scientific director of Lakeside Labs, a research and innovation company. He holds a Dr.-Ing. degree (summa cum laude) in electrical and information engineering from Technische Universität München, Germany. His research contributions are in wireless and self-organizing systems with applications in telecommunications and robotics.
Current Research Activities
1. Interference in wireless networks (FWF grant)
2. Self-organizing synchronization (FWF grant)
3. Robust industrial sensor networks (Cooperation with Airbus and regional industry)
4. Drone communications and coordination (Doctoral school and cooperation with T-Mobile)
Selected Recent Publications
1. Guaranteeing global synchronization in networks with stochastic interactions. New J. Physics, 2012.
2. An experimental study of selective cooperative relaying …. IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., 2014.
3. Interference functionals in Poisson networks. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, 2016.
4. Drone networks: Communications, coordination, and sensing. Ad Hoc Netw., 2018.
5. Drone delivery systems: Job assignment and dimensioning. Auton. Robots, 2018.